COVID-19 and Funerals
“McCormick & Son Mortuaries and Crematory Staff are essential to the Health and Safety of our community. Serving in a time of tragedy and loss is at the heart of each individual here.” – Peggy McCormick and Staff
McCormick & Son Mortuaries and Crematory remains committed and prepared to safely care for the families it serves during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Whenever possible, McCormick & Son will continue to enable families to participate in the rituals that are most important to them.
“We recognize our responsibility to protect the health of those we are privileged to serve”
We have implementing the following public safety procedures to protect your family and our staff during the current health crisis, effective immediately.
- Continued adherence to guidelines recommended by the CDC, the California Department of Public Health, and the Orange County Health Care Agency.
- We are open and continue to care for you and your loved one twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
- We offer phone and email family appointments to families. If you choose to come into the mortuary for your appointment, we require that you limit the number of people.
- Complimentary Memorial Tribute Page and Memorial Tribute Videos are available to each family, no matter what services are selected.
- Social distancing practices are in effect.
- We are in constant communication with our faith community partners, cemeteries, hospitals, as well as state and local health officials on steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- We ask that those at risk or those not feeling well stay home. If you are attending services, please follow the CDC recommendations. Click here for more information
*The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), continues to lead the conversation with federal officials about the role of funeral industry and death care as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.